Monday, March 19, 2012

Things are in bloom

Japan is known for the Cherry Blossoms.  I am waiting to see them for the first time.  Everyone says that there is no way to describe the beauty and sweet smell of the blooms.  I hear that there is nothing more beautiful that sitting on the grass having a picnic under a canopy of pink cherry blossoms. 



Another thing that is blooming right now it a sweet friendship between me and a Japanese woman.  God was so good to me this past Friday.  I had my meeting with my friend.  She picked me up at my apartment and we went to her house for a time to visit.  We had coffee and talked (thanks so an electric English to Japanese translator)  She asked many questions about church and being a Christian.  I was able to share more about the Bible with her because of my kids names.  She had never heard of Noah, Rachal, Jonah and Eli.  I had the chance to share with her the story from the Bible about each name.  She then asked if all Christian had to name their children from the Bible.  I laughed and said "No"  She is very interested in  church.  She keeps saying, "Christians are so nice.  Are all Christians this nice?"  Please keep praying for her.  She is searching. 

She also gave me a gift for coming to her house. 


It's a toddler toy for learning the Japanese Alphabet.  I laughed at first but let me tell you, I have played on this thing a lot.  So have the kids.  I am sure this will be the best way for me to learn.  I am on the toddler level you know!!  Thanks for all the prayer this last week.  I could tell that God was in the meeting. 

I am humbled and honored that God has chosen me to work through here in Japan.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your sweetest testimony. God is really good. And the toy you showed above, I have kind of same one for my daughters. You are so smart and I think that God has been providing you what you need and you accept them with obedient and joyful attitude. Cristy, I am truely excited about you and your family. I apprecaite your prayer for me. And I DO pray for your ministry here in Japan. I do not see any complaining in your words. How dedicated lady you are! Thank you again for coming to Japan to make a difference. Just reading your blogs make me happy and encourage me so much. I pray that nothing will disturb your family's ministry.

    ReplyDelete